Want to transform a large, cumbersome URL into a tidy, short one? Whether you are sending someone a URL link in email or posting to Twitter, we can turn your large URL into a short, handy one. Simply enter the URL in the box above and click ‘Shorten’.
We can help you shorten your Twitter message to under 140 characters by using:
- Standard English grammar rules
- Popular SMS/TXT abbreviations
- URL shortening
- U.S. state abbreviations
- Magic 🙂
Upload Media Files
Need a place to host images or videos?Trunc.it! can host your images/videos and supply you with a short URL link to use on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Reddit, or anywhere you’d like.
Large URLs can be hard to work with, trunc.it! will take a URL like this:
and turn it into this:
Use trunc.it! right in your Browser’s Toolbar!
Simply click on the trunc.it! bookmarklet and the page you’re visiting will have a trunc.it! link created for it. Easy.
1. Create the bookmarklet
Bookmarklet link: Trunc.it!
- IE: Right Click the bookmarklet above and select “Add To Favorites”
- Firefox, Chrome, Safari Click and drag the bookmarklet to your toolbar
2. Use the bookmarklet
If you are visiting a web page that you’d like create a trunc.it! link for, then:
- IE: from your favorites, select “Trunc.it!“
- Firefox, Chrome, Safari Click the “Trunc.it!” icon in your toolbar
Embed us on your site
Want Trunc.it! on your website? Simply use the following code to make an input box:
The above HTML code will generate the following input box: